Bring your family on a journey through Canadian history. After a ride north on the historic Polar Bear Express train we will disembark the train and take to the serene beauty of river at the whistle stop of Moose River Crossing. Over the next 4 days we will explore gypsum caves, search for fossils, wander around shorelines, paddle through fun swifts, observe wildlife, enjoy some high quality back country cooking, and create wonderful memories with family and friends. If we are lucky we may even get a change to watch the northern lights dance through the night sky. We end our trip in the town of Moose Factory where we will tour Ontario’s oldest english speaking settlement, experience the local culture, and perhaps take a motor boat trip out to Ship Sands Island at the mouth of James Bay. Finally we board the Polar Bear Express for our journey home.
Register / Request more information! »
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|9th August 2018||14th August 2018|
Quality of equipment...
The highlight of the trip was the make-up of the group. I felt very lucky to have had a group that got along very well. I also was very impressed with the organization, equipment, and preparedness of the company. In terms of equipment, I came on the trip wondering if your canoes and tents would be very good. They were; I would advertise that if I were you.
Trip Includes »
- Polar Bear Express Train tickets (north and south)
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Moose Factory Cultural Day
Not Included »
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Boat Trip and/or Shore lunch – Shipsands Island (James Bay)
- Accommodations on the night before & after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Guide Gratuities