A wonderful opportunity for some quality time with your favourite women in your life! Mothers and daughters, friends, sisters, colleagues, really any ladies that would like an incredible adventure this summer with other fantastic women. Must be 19 years of age or older to join this trip.
Lower Missinaibi: Journey to the Northern Sky
Our Lower Missinaibi Expedition is the perfect package for those looking for a Northern Wilderness adventure, without the rigors of portaging. In fact, many days we rig a sail and enjoy the luxury of a summer tailwind as we sail towards James Bay- the largest estuary in the world! We begin our trip with a flight over Thunderhouse Falls, and land on the Missinaibi River, 40 miles north of the last road, and the last portage.
From here it is a downstream paddle to the town of Moosonee and the historic Cree settlement of Moose Factory on the James Bay coast. After exploring these native frontier villages we return to Cochrane aboard the famous Polar Bear Express Train. This adventure combines the unique natural history of the James Bay Lowlands with the colourful cultural and human history of the aboriginal and early European inhabitants.
Register / Request more information! »
Care for the Enviornment
MHO is very careful about the environment (no soap in the river, toilet procedures, burnable food waste etc) and does its bit to ensure the route remains clean, even to the point of hauling out other campers' garbage. Clearly MHO is actively lobbying the Ontario government to invest in park maintenance and make other improvements. It seems to be paying off with the appearance of an MNR crew that was cleaning up camp sites and portages when we were there. Very impressive.
Trip Includes »
- Transportation to Hearst Air Base from Cochrane
- Floatplane to the river
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides & Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
- Final night at 5 star Eco Lodge on Moose Factory Island
- Polar Bear Express Train Tickets
Not Included »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON) Add: $75 + HST
- Single Supplement (Eco Lodge & tent) Add: $250 + HST
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Accommodations on the night before & after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Guide Gratuities