Imagine… running over 20 sets of rapids and camping every night beside the roar of cascading falls and rapids. Few rivers can match the power, beauty and history of the Upper Missinaibi. From its source at Missinaibi Lake, the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, and all within a Provincial Park.
Our guided trip catches the river at the ghost town of Peterbell (accessible only by train), and over 100 miles of river, we drop 300 feet. Although the pace is relaxed enough to allow for whitewater instruction and plenty of relaxation time, this trip does require an intermediate level of general fitness with a few longer days on the water. Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
Register / Request more information! »
Unbelievably Clear Water
Wonderful guides: Joey and Anna. Continuous swifts and Class 1 - 3 from Bonaventure Lake to Chaleur Bay were lots of fun. Unbelievably clear water! Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know fellow paddlers from Canada and the US, and being able to take along my 7-year old grandson. Equipment was first class. Meals were excellent. Weather cooperated. Thank you MHO for my 6th trip since 2010. Will be back for more another summer.
Trip Includes »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Foleyet & from Mattice
- Train Tickets from Foleyet to Peterbell
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
Not Included »
- Single Supplement (tent) Add: $50 + HST
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Accommodations on the night before & after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Guide Gratuities