Bring your family on a journey through Canadian history. After a ride north on the historic Polar Bear Express train we will disembark the train and take to the serene beauty of river at the whistle stop of Moose River Crossing. Over the next 4 days we will explore gypsum caves, search for fossils, wander around shorelines, paddle through fun swifts, observe wildlife, enjoy high quality back country cooking, and create wonderful memories with family and friends. If we are lucky we may even get a change to watch the northern lights dance through the night sky. We end our trip in the town of Moose Factory where we will tour Ontario’s oldest english speaking settlement, experience the local culture, and perhaps take a motor boat trip out to Ship Sands Island at the mouth of James Bay. Finally we board the Polar Bear Express for our journey home.
Unbelievably Clear Water
Wonderful guides: Joey and Anna. Continuous swifts and Class 1 - 3 from Bonaventure Lake to Chaleur Bay were lots of fun. Unbelievably clear water! Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know fellow paddlers from Canada and the US, and being able to take along my 7-year old grandson. Equipment was first class. Meals were excellent. Weather cooperated. Thank you MHO for my 6th trip since 2010. Will be back for more another summer.
Trip Includes »
- Polar Bear Express Train tickets (north and south)
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Moose Factory Cultural Day
Not Included »
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Boat Trip and/or Shore lunch – Shipsands Island (James Bay)
- Accommodations on the night before & after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Guide Gratuities