One of Canada’s great waterways, the Missinaibi flows North, uninterrupted for 350 miles to James Bay. We begin our adventure at the Brunswick Bridge, a couple of days upstream of the town of Mattice, the halfway point on the river. Together we will explore the first 50 miles of the lower Missinaibi, playing and practising our whitewater skills in Class II and Class III rapids as we slowly make our way to Thunderhouse Falls. The campsite at Thunderhouse is spectacular, perched 150 feet above the canyon, here, time is spent marveling in the natural beauty of Thunderhouse, swimming and fishing. Below the falls, the river drops 300 feet in a single day, as the Missinaibi plummets off the Canadian Shield and on to the Hudson’s Bay Lowlands. Our final night together is spent at Bull Moose Bay, camped beneath the towering clay banks of the Lowlands.
Who’s this trip for?
Intermediate skill. Some previous canoeing as well as wilderness camping experience and competence. Moderate activity level, 7-9 hours of physical activity per day.
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|21st July 2020||29th July 2020|
I’ve just paddled the Missinaibi with Paul Kirtley. Your food was absolutely amazing - we might be away from some luxuries of life, but definitely did not miss out on quality food. The variety was fantastic. Thank you very much. It was brilliant, as was the whole outfitting setup.
Trip Includes »
- Transportation to Brunswick from hotel
- Float Plane from the River
- Shuttle back to vehicle
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
Not Included »
- Hotel Accomidates the night before or after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON) Add: $75 + HST
- Single Supplement (tent) Add: $50 + HST
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Guide Gratuities