Imagine… running over 20 sets of rapids and camping every night beside the roar of cascading falls and rapids. Few rivers can match the power, beauty and history of the Upper Missinaibi. From its source at Missinaibi Lake, the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, and all within a Provincial Park.
Our guided trip catches the river at the ghost town of Peterbell (accessible only by train), and over 100 miles of river, we drop 300 feet. Although the pace is relaxed enough to allow for whitewater instruction and plenty of relaxation time, this trip does require an intermediate level of general fitness with a few longer days on the water. Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|17th July 2019||22nd July 2019|
Care for the Enviornment
MHO is very careful about the environment (no soap in the river, toilet procedures, burnable food waste etc) and does its bit to ensure the route remains clean, even to the point of hauling out other campers' garbage. Clearly MHO is actively lobbying the Ontario government to invest in park maintenance and make other improvements. It seems to be paying off with the appearance of an MNR crew that was cleaning up camp sites and portages when we were there. Very impressive.
Trip Includes »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Foleyet & from Mattice
- Train Tickets from Foleyet to Peterbell
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
Not Included »
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Accommodations on the night before & after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Guide Gratuities