Imagine… running over 15 sets of rapids and camping every night beside the roar of cascading falls and rapids. Few rivers can match the power, beauty and history of the Upper Missinaibi. From its source at Missinaibi Lake, the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, and all within a Provincial Park.
Our guided trip catches the river at the ghost town of Peterbell (accessible only by train) and over 6 days we will navigate 100kms of river to a bush road access point where our shuttle will meet us. Although the pace is relaxed enough to allow for whitewater instruction and plenty of relaxation time, this trip does require an intermediate level of general fitness with a few longer days on the water. Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|15th July 2020||21st July 2020|
Just wanted to thank you again for an amazing trip. I speak for all of us when we say we had the time of our lives on the Missinaibi. Our MHO guides are responsible for this. Not only were they great guides in every sense of the word, but they were first class chefs, amazing teachers, and tons of fun to be around. Every one of us has said how much we miss them since finishing the trip.
Trip Includes »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Foleyet & from Mattice
- Train Tickets from Foleyet to Peterbell
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
Not Included »
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Accommodations on the night before & after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Guide Gratuities