This course may be of particular interest to educators, summer camp staff or those who support Scouting or Guiding. After successful completion of this course you will be able to certify ORCKA Canoe Tripping Level 1 & 2 as per ORCKA Canoe Program standards and policies.
Course Fee Includes
- Instructor(s) & Certification(s)
- ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 1 (tandem)
- Safety Gear
- Group Gear
- camping permits (if needed)
- Each participant will be required to plan, purchase, pack and prepare one meal for the entire group. All other food is included in the course fee.
Does Not Include
- Transportation to and from Huntsville, ON
- Personal Gear
- At least 18 years of age
- Current ORCKA member
- ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 1A (tandem) (formerly Lakewater Level 1A) certification (included in this course)
- ORCKA Moving Water Level 1A or River Running Level 1A certification
- ORCKA Canoe Tripping Level 3 Trip Leader
- Minimum of 5 years of canoe tripping activities:
- Evidence of at least 25 nights of wilderness canoe tripping experience; wilderness canoe tripping distances totaling 500 km; at least 6 canoe trips in which the candidate was responsible for some of the organization and leadership and at least one wilderness canoe trip of 5 days or more.
- It is strongly recommended that all Canoe Tripping Instructors 1 have, in addition to their canoeing qualifications some qualifications in Swimming, First Aid and CPR
- All prospective candidates must have their pre-requisites approved by the Course Director/ORCKA Chair of Instructor Courses. Deadline for pre-requisite approval is a minimum of two weeks prior to the course. Please submit for authorization to be completed at least two weeks prior to the course
Each participant will be required to plan, purchase, pack and prepare one meal for the entire group. All other food is included in the course fee.