MHO Adventures specializes in canoe instruction courses. The Canoe Tripping 3 course is designed for those looking to lead and/or guide wilderness canoe trips. This course focuses on planning and leading a multi-day wilderness expedition. The course involves a canoe trip, stressing organization, safety, leadership, risk and crisis management.
Course Fee Includes
- Instructor(s) & Certification(s)
- ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 1 (tandem) – Additional $20
- Safety Gear
- Group Gear
- camping permits (if needed)
Does Not Include
- Transportation to and from Huntsville, ON
- Personal Gear
- ORCKA Canoe Tripping level 2 or equivalent certification or comparable skills and experience
- ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 1 (tandem)
- ORCKA River Running Level 1A (Tandem) or Moving Water Level 1A (Tandem)
- At least 25 nights of wilderness canoe tripping experience totalling 500kms or more
- At least one trip of 5 days or more
- At least 6 canoe trips in which candidate was responsible for some of the organization and leadership
- At least 17 years of age
Upcoming Course Dates...
|21st August 2018||25th August 2018|
Each participant will be required to plan, purchase, pack and prepare one meal for the entire group. All other food is included in the course fee.