Few rivers can match the power, beauty, and history of the Missinaibi River, Ontario’s longest unimpeded paddling route. From its source at Missinaibi Lake the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, all within a Provincial Park. This 25-day adventure of a lifetime is a combination of all three of our Missinaibi River trips: Upper Missinaibi, Thunderhouse Falls Fly Out, AND Lower Missinaibi.
Truly the best way to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers! Our guided trip will take us through numerous rapids, around gorgeous waterfalls, and into the calm waters of the Moose river. Combining the excitement and thrill of a Canadian Shield river with the tranquility of the Boreal Forest; the unique natural history of the James Bay Lowlands with the cultural history of the aboriginal and early European inhabitants.
Although the pace is relaxed enough to allow for whitewater instruction and plenty of relaxation time, this trip does require an intermediate level of general fitness with a few longer days on the water. Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|16th July 2021||9th August 2020|
Just wanted to thank you again for an amazing trip. I speak for all of us when we say we had the time of our lives on the Missinaibi. Our MHO guides are responsible for this. Not only were they great guides in every sense of the word, but they were first class chefs, amazing teachers, and tons of fun to be around. Every one of us has said how much we miss them since finishing the trip.
Trip Includes »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Foleyet
- Train Tickets from Foleyet to Peterbell
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
- Final night accommodations on Moose Factory Island
- Polar Bear Express Train
Not Included »
- Hotel accommodation the night before or after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Single Supplement (Hotels & tent) $350
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Guide Gratuities