Few rivers can match the power, beauty, and history of the Missinaibi River, Ontario’s longest unimpeded paddling route. From its source at Missinaibi Lake the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, all within a Provincial Park. This 26-day adventure of a lifetime is a combination of all three of our Missinaibi River trips: Upper Missinaibi, Thunderhouse Falls Fly Out, AND Journey to the Northern Sky.
Truly the best way to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers! Our guided trip will take us through numerous rapids, around gorgeous waterfalls, and into the calm waters of the Moose river. Combining the excitement and thrill of a Canadian Shield river with the tranquility of the Boreal Forest; the unique natural history of the James Bay Lowlands with the cultural history of the aboriginal and early European inhabitants.
This year we have an amazing opportunity as we paddle into Moose Factory at the end of our trip. We arrive just in time for the Gathering of our People celebration which, this year, is a part of a larger year long celebration of their “More than 350” anniversary. We will have the chance to help with the cooking and serving of the Traditional Feast, along with participating in the canoe brigade, enjoy live music, and so much more! Join us for this once in a lifetime cultural experience.
Although the pace is relaxed enough to allow for whitewater instruction and plenty of relaxation time, this trip does require an intermediate level of general fitness with a few longer days on the water. Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
We acknowledge that the Missinaibi and Moose Rivers flow through the traditional territories of the Cree and Moose Cree Nations and are recognized under the James Bay Treaty No.9, and that we are visitors to this land.
Upcoming Adventure Dates
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Barclay Bay
- All meals (from Dinner Day 1 – Dinner Day 26)
- Group equipment
- Canoes, paddles, PFD’s and helmets
- Professional Guides
- All safety equipment (SAT phone, first aid kits, rescue kits)
- Tents & Thermarests
- 60L waterproof barrel for personal gear
- Interior camping permits
- Final night at Tidewater PP
- Cultural Programs with local guides in Moosonee / Moose Factory
- Polar Bear Express train tickets
- Hotel accomodations on final night
- Shuttle back to vehicles in Timmins
- Parking for the duration of the trip
- Single Supplement $200
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Guide gratuities
- Sleeping bag *available to rent