Imagine… running over 20 sets of rapids and camping beside the roar of cascading falls and rapids. Few rivers can match the power, beauty and history of the Upper Missinaibi. From its source at Missinaibi Lake, the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, and all within a Provincial Park.
Our guided trip catches the river at the headwaters on Missinaibi Lake and over 8 days we will navigate 135kms of river to a bush road access point where our shuttle will meet us. Although the pace is relaxed enough to allow for whitewater instruction and plenty of relaxation time, this trip does require an intermediate level of general fitness with a few longer days on the water. Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
Quality of equipment...
The highlight of the trip was the make-up of the group. I felt very lucky to have had a group that got along very well. I also was very impressed with the organization, equipment, and preparedness of the company. In terms of equipment, I came on the trip wondering if your canoes and tents would be very good. They were; I would advertise that if I were you.
Trip Includes »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Foleyet & from Brunswick Bridge
- All meals (from Dinner Day 1 – Lunch Day 7) & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests
- Train tickets from Peterbell to Foleyet
- Interior Camping Permits
Not Included »
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Accommodations on the night before & after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Guide Gratuities