Our Lower Missinaibi River Expedition is the perfect package for those looking for a Northern Wilderness adventure, without the rigours of portaging. We begin our trip with a flight over Thunderhouse Falls, and land on the Missinaibi River, 40 miles north of the last road, and the last portage. From here it is a downstream paddle to the town of Moosonee and the historic Cree settlement of Moose Factory on the James Bay coast.
After exploring these native frontier villages we return to Cochrane aboard the famous Polar Bear Express Train. This adventure combines the unique natural history of the James Bay Lowlands – the largest estuary in the world – with the colourful cultural and human history of the aboriginal and early European inhabitants.
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|31st July 2021||9th August 2021|
Unbelievably Clear Water
Wonderful guides: Joey and Anna. Continuous swifts and Class 1 - 3 from Bonaventure Lake to Chaleur Bay were lots of fun. Unbelievably clear water! Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know fellow paddlers from Canada and the US, and being able to take along my 7-year old grandson. Equipment was first class. Meals were excellent. Weather cooperated. Thank you MHO for my 6th trip since 2010. Will be back for more another summer.
Trip Includes »
- Transportation to Hearst Air Base from Cochrane
- Float Plane to the river
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
- Final night at Tidewater PP
- Polar Bear Express Train Tickets
Not Included »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON) Add: $75 + HST
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Hotel & Dinner the night before & hotel the night after the trip Add: $195 pp (double occ)
- Guide Gratuities