Our Lower Missinaibi River Expedition is the perfect package for those looking for a Northern Wilderness adventure, without the rigors of portaging. In fact, some days we may rig a sail and enjoy the luxury of a summer tailwind as we sail towards James Bay- the largest estuary in the world! We begin our trip with a flight over Thunderhouse Falls, and land on the Missinaibi River, 40 miles north of the last road, and the last portage.
From here it is a downstream paddle to the town of Moosonee and the historic Cree settlement of Moose Factory on the James Bay coast. After exploring these native frontier villages we return to Cochrane aboard the famous Polar Bear Express Train. This adventure combines the unique natural history of the James Bay Lowlands with the colourful cultural and human history of the aboriginal and early European inhabitants.
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|29th July 2020||7th August 2020|
Quality of equipment...
The highlight of the trip was the make-up of the group. I felt very lucky to have had a group that got along very well. I also was very impressed with the organization, equipment, and preparedness of the company. In terms of equipment, I came on the trip wondering if your canoes and tents would be very good. They were; I would advertise that if I were you.
Trip Includes »
- Transportation to Hearst Air Base from Cochrane
- Float Plane to the river
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
- Final night at Tidewater PP
- Polar Bear Express Train Tickets
Not Included »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON) Add: $75 + HST
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Hotel & Dinner the night before & hotel the night after the trip Add: $195 pp (double occ)
- Guide Gratuities