The Spanish River flows 340km from two different sources, Biscotasi Lake forming the West branch, and Duke Lake forming the East branch. The branches join at “The Forks” and flow South into Lake Huron. The Spanish River has a rich natural and cultural history and is protected as a Provincial Park, today it is mostly used by recreational paddlers.
Our trip begins with a train ride into Spanish River Provincial Park. We disembark the train at the “Forks” stop and begin our journey down river. Our guides will spend time on whitewater instruction to prepare everyone for the upcoming 4 days of fun whitewater paddling covering over 53km.
This trip is perfect for anyone looking to challenge themselves with whitewater paddling, and get away from their busy everyday lives to experience nature with other like minded folks. Enjoy paddling and swimming in dark blue waters, fishing, classic Canadian Shield wilderness, and even try to spot a moose as you paddle down the beautiful Spanish River. This trip ends at the Elbow on the Spanish River, right before a series of mandatory portages and lift-overs.
We acknowledge that the Spanish River flows through the traditional territories of the Anishinabek and Mississauga Nations and is recognized under Robinson-Huron (Treaty 61, 1850) Treaties. We recognize that we are visitors to this land.
Upcoming Adventure Dates
|Aug 03, 2024 - Aug 06, 2024||
Tim Elliott Custom *price based on 10 clients, will be adjusted before final payment 4 weeks prior to departure
- All meals (from Lunch Day 1 –Lunch Day 4)
- Group equipment
- Canoes, paddles, PFD’s and helmets
- Professional guides
- All safety equipment (SAT phone, first aid kits, rescue kits)
- Tents & Thermarests
- 60L waterproof barrel for personal gear
- Interior camping permits & provincial park fees
- Vehicle Shuttle (from start to end point)
- Via Rail train tickets to the river *passengers and canoes
- Parking for duration of trip
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Guide gratuities
- Sleeping bag *available to rent
- Accommodations in Sudbury before the trip