Few rivers can match the power, beauty and history of the Missinaibi, Ontario’s longest unimpeded paddling route. From its source at Missinaibi Lake, the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, and all within a Provincial Park. We begin our adventure with a train ride into the ghost town of Peterbell. This adventure of a lifetime will take us through numerous rapids, around gorgeous waterfalls and into the calm waters of the Moose river.
This adventure combines the excitement and thrill of a Canadian Shield river with the tranquility of the Borel Forest, the unique natural history of the James Bay Lowlands with the colourful cultural and human history of the aboriginal and early European inhabitants.
Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
Upcoming Adventure Dates...
|15th July 2020||7th August 2020|
Unbelievably Clear Water
Wonderful guides: Joey and Anna. Continuous swifts and Class 1 - 3 from Bonaventure Lake to Chaleur Bay were lots of fun. Unbelievably clear water! Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know fellow paddlers from Canada and the US, and being able to take along my 7-year old grandson. Equipment was first class. Meals were excellent. Weather cooperated. Thank you MHO for my 6th trip since 2010. Will be back for more another summer.
Trip Includes »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Foleyet
- Train Tickets from Foleyet to Peterbell
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
- Final night accommodations on Moose Factory Island
- Polar Bear Express Train
Not Included »
- Hotel accommodation the night before or after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Single Supplement (Hotels & tent) $350
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Guide Gratuities