Few rivers can match the power, beauty and history of the Missinaibi, Ontario’s longest unimpeded paddling route. From its source at Missinaibi Lake, the river rushes 350 miles North to James Bay, over Precambrian granite, through string bogs and marshes, and all within a Provincial Park. We begin our adventure with a train ride into the ghost town of Peterbell. This adventure of a lifetime will take us through numerous rapids, around gorgeous waterfalls and into the calm waters of the Moose river.
This adventure combines the excitement and thrill of a Canadian Shield river with the tranquility of the Borel Forest, the unique natural history of the James Bay Lowlands with the colourful cultural and human history of the aboriginal and early European inhabitants.
Truly, one of the best ways to experience one of the world’s great heritage rivers!
I enjoyed the attention that the management (Erin and Matt) made to making sure we were well taken care of. The hospitality was excellent, the quality of the equipment was excellent and your choice of guides was commendable.
Trip Includes »
- Airport Pick Up / Drop Off (Timmins, ON)
- Transportation to Foleyet
- Train Tickets from Foleyet to Peterbell
- All meals & Group Equipment
- Professional Guides and All Safety Equipment
- Tents & Thermarests (if needed)
- Interior Camping Permits
- Final night accommodations on Moose Factory Island
- Polar Bear Express Train
Not Included »
- Hotel accommodation the night before or after the trip (we can arrange this)
- Single Supplement (Hotels & tent) $350
- Transportation to and from the trip rendez-vous point
- Guide Gratuities